ITSSAR ACCREDITED COUNTERBALANCE NOVICE COURSE
Counterbalance Lift Truck One Day Refresher Course
This one day fully accredited ITSSAR approved Counterbalance Lift Truck Refresher training course is suitable for delegates with a current license only.
This ITSSAR approved course provides refresher training for individuals who have already completed the Forklift Counterbalance Truck training and are appropriately certificated to operate industrial counterbalanced forklift trucks.
Regular refresher training will ensure operators:
- maintain good driving habits
- learn new skills where appropriate
- reassess their abilities
- Refresher training or retesting might also be appropriate where operators
- have not used trucks for some time
- are occasional users
- appear to have developed unsafe working practices
- have had an accident or near miss
- have changed their working practices or environment.
It is recommended by the HSE that refresher training take place after a set period of time (eg 3 — 5 years) to make sure employees stay competent (HSE Lift-truck training — Advice for employers).
Counterbalance Forklift Truck Training ITSSAR Accredited is available to businesses and individuals across West Sussex and East Sussex to include Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Hove, Brighton, Portsmouth and all surrounding area’s. If you are not sure if we cover your area please call us or use our contact form page as a member of the team are always happy to assist you.
FORKLIFT TRAINING COSTS
It’s a well known fact that there are companies out there which offer Counterbalance Forklift Training courses on a pay monthly cost, this involves signing up for finance and usually incurs a very high interest rate and in some cases a deposit.
Normally these companies do not train their pupils direct and ultimately request quotes from companies like us. At Luft Training Services our Counterbalance Forklift Training costs are both competitive and low so you can afford to go direct.
ABOUT THE COUNTERBALANCE TRAINING
The current minimum age to take the Counterbalance Forklift Truck Course is 16 years old.
Duration of these courses:
There are three types of ITSSA Counterbalance training courses held,
- One Day refresher course is only for operators who have had previous training on the equipment and need to renew their certificate.
- 2/3 Day consolidation course is for operators with previous accredited training but have not had a refresher for over 3 years.
- 3/5 Day novice course is for operators who have had no accredited training previously.
Each successful operator will receive an A4 size certificate from Luft Training Services on the day and a credit size photo I.D card which will be ITSSAR Registered.
Counterbalance Course Details
- Driving a fork lift truck in an efficient and safe manner
- Training in loading and unloading the fork lift truck
- Training in stacking and de-stacking the fork lift truck
- Know and apply the Operator’s Safety Code
- Understand legal responsibilities
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- High visibility jacket or vest
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep (complying with EN 345-2)
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.