ITSSAR ACCREDITED REACH TRUCK EXPERIENCED COURSE
Reach Truck Experienced Course
Our experienced operator Reach Truck courses are perfect for operators who have already acquired the basics of Reach Truck operation. This maybe for a number of reasons:
Trained to drive Reach Trucks in-house but left without a certificate.
Using Reach Trucks trucks for years but have never had formal training.
Used Reach Trucks abroad but don’t have a UK qualification.
Learned to drive a Reach Truck years ago but haven’t operated one since then
The experienced reach truck courses can be conducted at our training centre or on-site at customer premises.
We teach all of the basic skills that form the foundation for safe reach truck operation and future conversion training.
The courses are typically 3 day courses conducted with a maximum of 3 trainees, however courses can be conducted over a shorter duration with fewer trainees:
- 2 Trainees can be trained on a 2½ day course
- 1 Trainee can be trained on a 2 day course
Our courses are accredited by ITSSAR, recognised nationally for Reach Truck Forklift Training.
Reach Truck Forklift Training ITSSAR Accredited is available to businesses and individuals across West Sussex and East Sussex to include Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Hove, Brighton, Portsmouth and all surrounding area’s. If you are not sure if we cover your area please call us or use our contact form page as a member of the team are always happy to assist you.
FORKLIFT TRAINING COSTS
It’s a well known fact that there are companies out there which offer Counterbalance Forklift Training courses on a pay monthly cost, this involves signing up for finance and usually incurs a very high interest rate and in some cases a deposit.
Normally these companies do not train their pupils direct and ultimately request quotes from companies like us. At Luft Training Services our Counterbalance Forklift Training costs are both competitive and low so you can afford to go direct.
ABOUT THE REACH TRUCK EXPERIENCED COURSE
The current minimum age to take the Reach Truck Experienced Course is 16 years old.
Duration of these courses:
There are three types of ITSSA Accredited Reach Truck training courses held,
- One Day refresher course is only for operators who have had previous training on the equipment and need to renew their certificate.
- 2/3 Day consolidation course is for operators with previous accredited training but have not had a refresher for over 3 years.
- 3/5 Day novice course is for operators who have had no accredited training previously.
Each successful operator will receive an A4 size certificate from Luft Training Services on the day and a credit size photo I.D card which will be ITSSAR Registered.
Reach Truck Experienced Course Details
We set out to teach as much as possible on our experienced reach truck operator courses, utilising our resources to their full potential and covering as many gaps in your operating ability as possible.
Our experienced reach truck operator courses teach:
- Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Basic Principles of Stability
- Operators Safety Code and Legislation
- Pre-use Inspection Procedures
- Traction Battery Maintenance and Charging
- Manoeuvring in Restricted Areas
- Manoeuvring on sloping surfaces
- Laden and Unladen Pallet Handling
- Pallet Racking Systems and Bulk Stacking
- Stillage and IBC Handling and Stacking
- Final Theoretical and Practical Assessments
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- High visibility jacket or vest
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep (complying with EN 345-2)
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.