ITSSAR ACCREDITED COUNTERBALANCE CONVERSION COURSE
Counterbalance Conversion Course
Our counterbalance conversion course is perfect for operators who have already been trained to drive a different types of lift trucks and want to learn to drive a counterbalance forklift truck.
So for example, if you already have a Bendi or Reach Truck certificate, then you can convert to a Counterbalance forklift on one of our conversion courses.
Counterbalance conversion courses can be conducted at our training centre or on-site at your premises.
The courses are typically 2 day courses conducted with a maximum of 3 trainees, however courses can be conducted over a shorter duration with fewer trainees. 1 Trainee can be converted on a 1 day course.
Counterbalance Conversion Course are ITSSAR Accredited which is available to businesses and individuals across West Sussex and East Sussex to include Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Hove, Brighton, Portsmouth and all surrounding area’s. If you are not sure if we cover your area please call us or use our contact form page as a member of the team are always happy to assist you.
FORKLIFT TRAINING COSTS
It’s a well known fact that there are companies out there which offer Counterbalance Conversion courses on a pay monthly cost, this involves signing up for finance and usually incurs a very high interest rate and in some cases a deposit.
Normally these companies do not train their pupils direct and ultimately request quotes from companies like us. At Luft Training Services our Counterbalance Conversion Training costs are both competitive and low so you can afford to go direct.
ABOUT THE COUNTERBALANCE CONVERSION COURSE
The current minimum age to take the Counterbalance Conversion Course is 16 years old.
Duration of these courses:
There are three types of ITSSA Counterbalance training courses held,
- One Day refresher course is only for operators who have had previous training on the equipment and need to renew their certificate.
- 2/3 Day consolidation course is for operators with previous accredited training but have not had a refresher for over 3 years.
- 3/5 Day novice course is for operators who have had no accredited training previously.
Each successful operator will receive an A4 size certificate from Luft Training Services on the day and a credit size photo I.D card which will be ITSSAR Registered.
Conversion Course Details
The conversion course is designed to convert your existing operating skills to enable you to learn to operate a counterbalance forklift truck.
Our conversion courses cover the following areas:
- Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Basic Principles of Counterbalance Stability
- Operators Safety Code and Legislation
- Pre-use Inspection Procedures
- Manoeuvring in Restricted Areas
- Laden Pallet Handling
- Pallet Racking Systems and Bulk Stacking
- Lorry Loading and Unloading
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- High visibility jacket or vest
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep (complying with EN 345-2)
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.