ITSSAR ACCREDITED REACH TRUCK CONVERSION COURSE
Reach Truck Conversion Course
Our reach truck conversion course is perfect for operators who have already been trained on a different forklift truck and hold a valid certificate.
So if you already have a Counterbalance or Bendi Forklift Truck certificate, then you can convert to a Reach Truck using our reach truck conversion course.
The reach truck conversion course can be conducted at our training centre or on-site at your work premises.
The reach truck conversion course is typically a two day course which is conducted with a maximum of 3 trainees, however courses can be conducted over a shorter duration with fewer trainees. 1 Trainee can be converted on a 1 day course for example which can be conducted part time over 2 evenings if required.
Our courses are accredited by ITSSAR, recognised nationally for Reach Truck Refresher Training.
It is recommended by the HSE that refresher training take place after a set period of time (eg 3 — 5 years) to make sure employees stay competent (HSE Lift-truck training — Advice for employers).
Reach Truck Conversion Training is ITSSAR Accredited and available to businesses and individuals across West Sussex and East Sussex to include Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Hove, Brighton, Portsmouth and all surrounding area’s. If you are not sure if we cover your area please call us or use our contact form page as a member of the team are always happy to assist you.
FORKLIFT TRAINING COSTS
It’s a well known fact that there are companies out there which offer Reach Truck Conversion Courses on a pay monthly cost, this involves signing up for finance and usually incurs a very high interest rate and in some cases a deposit.
Normally these companies do not train their pupils direct and ultimately request quotes from companies like us. At Luft Training Services our Reach Truck Conversion Course costs are both competitive and low so you can afford to go direct.
ABOUT THE REACH TRUCK CONVERSION COURSE
The current minimum age to take the Reach Truck Conversion Course is 16 years old.
Duration of these courses:
There are three types of ITSSA Accredited Reach Truck training courses held,
- One Day refresher course is only for operators who have had previous training on the equipment and need to renew their certificate.
- 2/3 Day consolidation course is for operators with previous accredited training but have not had a refresher for over 3 years.
- 3/5 Day novice course is for operators who have had no accredited training previously.
Each successful operator will receive an A4 size certificate from Luft Training Services on the day and a credit size photo I.D card which will be ITSSAR Registered.
Reach Truck Conversion Course Details
The reach truck conversion course is designed to convert your existing operating skills to enable you to learn to operate a reach truck.
Our conversion courses cover the following areas:
- Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Basic Principles of Reach Truck Stability
- Operators Safety Code and Legislation
- Pre-use Inspection Procedures
- Manoeuvring in Restricted Areas
- Laden Pallet Handling
- Pallet Racking Systems and Bulk Stacking
At the end of the course each candidate receives an ITSSAR operators certificate of training and a photographic operators card.
We discount our conversion courses if you wish to sit more than one conversion course at a time. Contact us to find out more.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- High visibility jacket or vest
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep (complying with EN 345-2)
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.