ITSSAR ACCREDITED Telehandler • Telescopic • Teleporter Novice Training Courses
Rough Terrain Telescopic Novice Course
Our novice telehandler training courses are perfect for beginners who wish to learn the basics of rough terrain telescopic forklift operation.
The novice telescopic operator course can be conducted at our training centre or on-site at your premises.
We teach all of the basic skills that form the foundation for safe telescopic forklift operation and future conversion training.
The courses are typically 5 day courses conducted with a maximum of 3 trainees, however courses can be conducted over a shorter duration with fewer trainees:
- 2 Trainees can be trained on a 4 day course
- 1 Trainee can be trained on a 3 day course
Our courses are accredited by ITSSAR, recognised nationally for Telehandler and Telescopic Lift Truck Novice Training.
Rough Terrain Telescopic Novice Course is ITSSAR Accredited and available to businesses and individuals across West Sussex and East Sussex to include Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Hove, Brighton, Portsmouth and all surrounding area’s. If you ar e not sure if we cover your area please call us or use our contact form page as a member of the team are always happy to assist you.
FORKLIFT TRAINING COSTS
It’s a well known fact that there are companies out there which offer Rough Terrain Telescopic Novice Training courses on a pay monthly cost, this involves signing up for finance and usually incurs a very high interest rate and in some cases a deposit.
Normally these companies do not train their pupils direct and ultimately request quotes from companies like us. At Luft Training Services our Rough Terrain Telescopic Novice Course costs are both competitive and low so you can afford to go direct.
ABOUT THE TELEHANDLER NOVICE COURSE
The current minimum age to take the Rough Terrain Telescopic Novice Training Course is 16 years old.
Duration of these courses:
There are three types of ITSSA Accredited Rough Terrain Telescopic courses held,
- One Day refresher course is only for operators who have had previous training on the equipment and need to renew their certificate.
- 2/3 Day consolidation course is for operators with previous accredited training but have not had a refresher for over 3 years.
- 3/5 Day novice course is for operators who have had no accredited training previously.
Each successful operator will receive an A4 size certificate from Luft Training Services on the day and a credit size photo I.D card which will be ITSSAR Registered.
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) states; “Every employer shall ensure that all persons who use work equipment have received adequate training for purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, any risks which such use may entail and precautions to be taken. Every employer shall ensure that any of his employees who supervises or manages the use of work equipment has received adequate training for purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods.
Luft Training Services can offer Reach or Counterbalance FLT training and Mechanical Lifting Equipment (pallet and pedestrian trucks) and many more courses on your site, the site must meet the minimum site requirements for training, contact us to arrange a pre site visit. Companies with more than 1 or 2 delegates may find this better suits there business needs.
Rough Terrain Telescopic Refresher Course Details
We set out to teach as much as possible on our novice courses, utilising our resources to their full potential to bring you up to the standard expected by ITSSAR.
Our novice courses train:
- Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Basic Principles of Telehandler Stability
- Operators Safety Code and Legislation
- Pre-use Inspection Procedures
- Telehandler Maintenance
- Manoeuvring in Restricted Areas
- Manoeuvring on sloping surfaces
- Laden and Unladen Pallet Handling
- Lorry Loading and Unloading Techniques
- Bulk Stacking
- Stillage and IBC Handling and Stacking
- Final Theoretical and Practical Assessments
At the end of the course each candidate receives an ITSSAR operators certificate of training and a photographic operators card.
You may also wish to conduct your Reach Truck Refresher or Counterbalance Refresher Course at the same time. We discount our refresher courses if you wish to sit more than one refresher at a time. Contact us to find out more.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- High visibility jacket or vest
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep (complying with EN 345-2)
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.