ITSSAR ACCREDITED Side Loader Courses
Side Loader Training Course Sussex
Luft Training Services can provide a Side loader training course, for novice candidates, experienced candidates and refresher operators in-house onsite or the course can be registered by ourselves with an awarding body ITSSAR if required.
To provide the practical skills and the operating safety knowledge necessary using the Side Loader for operators to correctly prepare, safely operate and maintain a Side loader (ACOP117)
The Side Loader Training Course is ITSSAR Accredited and available to businesses and individuals across West Sussex and East Sussex to include Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Lancing, Hove, Brighton, Portsmouth and all surrounding area’s. If you are not sure if we cover your area please call us or use our contact form page as a member of the team are always happy to assist you.
FORKLIFT TRAINING COSTS
It’s a well known fact that there are companies out there which offer Side Loader Training course on a pay monthly cost, this involves signing up for finance and usually incurs a very high interest rate and in some cases a deposit.
Normally these companies do not train their pupils direct and ultimately request quotes from companies like us. At Luft Training Services our Side Loader Training course costs are both competitive and low so you can afford to go direct.
ABOUT THE SIDE LOADER TRAINING COURSE
The current minimum age to take the Side Loader Course is 16 years old.
Variations of Side loader
4 way side loader and Multi Directional Lift Truck
- Side loader up to and including 5 tonne – C1
- Side loader over 5 tonne up to and including 15 tonne – C2
- Side loader over 15 tonne – C3
vehicle Mounted Lift Trucks will be given the category most closely aligned to the truck e.g. T(B1) or T(D1)
Duration of these courses:
There are three other types of ITSSA Accredited Side Loader courses held,
- One Day refresher course is only for operators who have had previous training on the equipment and need to renew their certificate.
- One Day Conversion Course suitable for candidates who currently hold an accreditted certificate for another truck, for example: Reach or Counterbalance.
- 1 Day Experienced course is for operators with accredited training on another type of forklift truck.
- 3/5 Day novice course is for operators who have had no accredited training previously.
Each successful operator will receive an A4 size certificate from Luft Training Services on the day and a credit size photo I.D card which will be ITSSAR Registered.
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) states; “Every employer shall ensure that all persons who use work equipment have received adequate training for purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods which may be adopted when using the work equipment, any risks which such use may entail and precautions to be taken. Every employer shall ensure that any of his employees who supervises or manages the use of work equipment has received adequate training for purposes of health and safety, including training in the methods.
Luft Training Services can offer Reach or Counterbalance FLT training and Mechanical Lifting Equipment (pallet and pedestrian trucks) and many more on your site, the site must meet the minimum site requirements for training, contact us to arrange a pre site visit. Companies with more than 1 or 2 delegates may find this better suits there business needs.
Side Loader Course Details
- Responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 1998, LOLER 1998 and other relevant legislation.
- Operators safety code
- Battery maintenance & charging procedures
- Pre Operational checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive controls
- Hydraulic controls
- Manoeuvring in open & confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De stacking with laden & unladen pallets
- Lorry loading & unloading
- External Transport
- End of shift checks
A room for the theory session and a safe area for the practical session.
The Instructor is required to see the machine/equipment’s LOLER certificate before commencement of the course.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- High visibility jacket or vest
- Protective boots* with good grip and protective guarding on the front vamp and instep (complying with EN 345-2)
- We also recommend you dress appropriately for weather conditions.